Pathfix Automation allows you to call and setup any API to the providers supported. You can search for an existing API from the API library or build your own API using the API builder.
Call API Using Connections
Pathfix Automation has a few pre-configured APIs available in the public library ready for use. You can either choose to use one of those or simply add your own API.
- On your design page, click on
- Give the task a name and click on
- Here you can search by provider or description to pull up any API that may match your query
- If an API isnt available, click on from the toolbar below and click on the section
- Add the API endpoint URL and choose the method (POST, GET etc.)
- You can add dynamic values in <> in the URL, Header values, Query Param values or anywhere in the Body
- There are 3 ways to initialize the call
- (will directly call the API without an account linked through Connections, ideal for services that offer APIs that dont need an account or when you want to use your authorized users via Pathfix OAuth)
- (will call the API through your linked Connection, recommended)
- (allows you to initialize manually without waiting for a response from the provider)
- Click , you will be asked to choose the Connection you have authorized
- Setup the Dynamic fields and inputs
- : There are 2 User Input Types:
- Free Text: This will allow you to use the response from any of the previous API calls to the selected field and add ANY text to it as well
- Get data from API: You can choose to use data from any of your previously saved APIs
- Click on Continue Initialize to proceed
- In the Output screen, yo uwould see the response from the call
- Click on and make sure you click on
Your API is ready for use in your Automation.
Call API Using Pathfix OAuth
Pathfix OAuth handles the entire OAuth integration process on your platform. Pathfix Automation users can link their Pathfix OAuth connection to initiate a call and trigger an automation using the authorized connections on their app.
Note: This method will only work if you have used Pathfix OAuth to authorize your users on your platform.
- Add the JSON body to call the API
- The endpoint will have to be the Pathfix OAuth generated endpoint
- You can add Dynamic values in the body using <>
- Click on
- Add properties for:
- user_id (for the initial setup, use the user_id that you authorized in Pathfix Test Connection)
- public_key (enter your Pathfix public key)
- private_key (enter your Pathfix private key)
- Click on Initialize (this will initialize the call via Pathfix OAuth and not the Connections in Pathfix Automation)
- Add the Dynamic fields to complete the Initialize process
- On successful API call, click on and then the API to your library
Add dynamic values for user id
- To add the dynamic user_id of your user, click on
- Go to and change the user_id param to <user_id>
- Click on and then click and hit
Your custom API is ready for use in your Automation.
Need help? Reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at email@example.com.