Through Pathfix Automation, you can enable user webhook listening for all your user that have connected their Stripe accounts via Pathfix OAuth.
This will allow you to listen for any changes in your customers Stripe account and notify you with the data for the user.
The following documentation will guide you on how you can setup your Stripe account and setup Stripe Webhook listening for all your connected users.
Before proceeding, make sure you have setup your Stripe integration in Pathfix OAuth and have added the Connect button for your users to be able to connect their Stripe accounts.
- Configure your Stripe integration in Pathfix OAuth
- Add the script tag in your application to allow your users to authenticate their Stripe accounts (Detailed documentation for Pathfix OAuth setup can be found here)
- Create a blank automation by clicking on Design and selecting New Design
- Give your first task a name to save the automation (autosave)
- Click on the Test and Publish tab and click on Test to run a test on the automation
- On successful completion, click on Publish to Live
- Click on Endpoints and copy the endpoint url for use in the Webhook setup
- Live Endpoint is for Live environments and Dev endpoint is for testing/development
- Click on Webhooks from the top navigation and click on Create New
- Select Stripe from the list of provider webhooks
- Paste the endpoint URL copied from the automation into the Callback URL section
- Paste your Stripe API Secret (received from your Stripe app, same as the ClientSecret entered during the OAuth setup process)
- Click on the Pathfix OAuth tab and enter your Pathfix OAuth Public Key and Private Key
- Click Save to save the setting
- On the Webhooks page, click on Activate against Stripe to activate your webhook
- The webhook activation will take a few seconds and will happen in the background (click on Refresh on the top navigation to refresh the page)
- Once activated, the webhook status will turn Green
Your webhook has been setup.
We recommend running a test on your webhook setup to make sure the setup is right. To do this:
- Go to your Pathfix OAuth account and click on Test Connection for Stripe
- Click on Connect/Re-Connect and connect a Stripe account
- On successful connection, the Automation will start listening for changes in the connected Stripe account for the connected user
- You will see the webhook user count increase (if it doesn't increase at first, click on Refresh on the top navigation)
- Go to your Stripe app and create a test entry (depending on what event you selected to listen for)
- Go to your Pathfix Automation account, click on Monitor and select the Automation from the list
- You should see the test event created would have triggered a webhook response
Your Test is successful.
Now that your webhook has been setup successfully, you will need to copy the payload sent by Stripe and captured by Pathfix Automation to create your Automation.
Here are the few initial steps to get you going:
- Copy the Request received from our test event
- Go to the Automation created and paste the Request into the Call data (JSON) section of the first task
- From here, you can call an API, run a condition or process the data as you please through the Automation
- Any changes made to the automation will need to be done in the Dev environment
- Once changes are made, you will first have to Test the Automation and on successful completion then Publish to Live
- Please note, without publishing to Live, the changes will not go into effect
Few points to note on the JSON:
- The pathfix_user_id is the same user Id that is sent via the Pathfix OAuth system. This generally is the Current Users Unique Id
- the data section of the JSON is the exact data that is sent by the provider
Need help? Reach out to our support via [email protected] or live chat through your Pathfix dashboard