API Through Pathfix OAuth
The Pathfix OAuth platform handles the entire OAuth integration process on your platform. Using Pathfix Automation, you can link your Pathfix OAuth account to initiate a call and trigger any automation for all your connected users.
Note: This method will only work if you have used Pathfix OAuth to authenticate your users on your platform (Recommended)
Begin by linking your Pathfix OAuth account:
- Click on Connections on the top navigation bar
- Search for Pathfix and connect your Pathfix OAuth account
Pathfix Automation has a few pre-configured APIs available in the public library ready for use. You can either choose to use one of those or add your own API using the API builder.
To search and add an existing API:
- Add a new automation by clicking on Design and select + Create New
- On your design page, give your Automation a name, select the first task and click on Call API
- Give the task a name and click on Select API
- Search by provider or description to pull up any API that may match your query
If an API is not available, you can add a custom API and call any API for a provider.
To add a custom API:
- Click on APIs on the top navigation bar
- Click on New API and then click on the Build
- Add the API endpoint URL and choose the method (POST, GET etc.)
- You can add dynamic values in <> in the URL, Header values, Query Param values or anywhere in the Body
- There are 3 ways to initialize the call
- Initialize (will directly call the API with the headers and params included, ideal for user-facing integrations where authentication is handled by you or to call your own service)
- Initialize through Connection (will call the API through your linked Connection - ideal for user-facing integration where the authentication is handled by Pathfix or for internal automations where you have connected your software/provider account via the Connections tab)
- Manually Initialize (allows you to initialize manually without waiting for a response from the provider)
- Click Initialize through Connection, you will be asked to choose the Connection you have authorized, select the Pathfix OAuth account connected
- As is required in your Pathfix OAuth setup, you will need to add the Pathfix User Id of your connected user. To complete the initilization, enter your Pathfix OAuth account email address.
- Add the provider name as per the Provider reference (this is one time reference only)
- If there are any other Dynamic fields and inputs needed as per your API, enter them here
- The default input type is Free Text but you can switch this from any of the options from the dropdown, including getting this from an API
- Click on Continue Initialize to proceed
- In the Output screen, you would see the response from the call
- Click on Use and make sure you click on Save
Your API is ready for use in your Automation.
Note: When calling the Automation that uses this API, you will need to send along the Pathfix User Id of your connected user (e.g. Current User's Unique Id, email address, user account Id etc.).
Need help? Reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.