API Using Connections
Through your Automation account, you can connect any of your existing sofftware accounts that you use personally/internally (e.g. Slack, Google etc.) by clicking on the Connections tab in the top navigation bar and build any automation.
This is the path you would take if you are looking to build internal or personal automations for softwares you use.
To get started:
- Click on Connections and link the software you want to build an automation for
Once you connect an account, you can call any API for the provider for the linked account and build your automation.
- On your design page, click on Call API
- Give the task a name and click on Select API
- Search by provider or description to pull up any API that may match your query
- If an API isnt available, click on APIs from the toolbar and click on New API and then click on the Build
- Add the API endpoint URL and choose the method (POST, GET etc.)
- You can add dynamic values in <> in the URL, Header values, Query Param values or anywhere in the Body
- Click Initialize through Connection, you will be asked to choose the Connection you have authorized, select the connected account from the dropdown
- Setup the Dynamic fields and inputs
- Click on Continue Initialize to proceed
- In the Response screen, you would see the response from the call
- Click on Use and make sure you click on Save
Your Custom API is ready for use in your Automation.
Need help? Reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.