Pagination Within API
Most providers allow you to paginate data that is sent for your connected user. The number of pages and data received can be controlled by you during the API build using the API Editor.
The documentation explains how you can set this up using an example of Zoho API for contacts
- Launch the API Editor by clicking on API on the top navigation bar
- Click on New API and click on Build
- Complete the API build by adding the endpoint URL, selecting the method (most often this will be a GET call), add Headers if any
- Initialize the call (if you are using a Connection e.g. your connected Zoho account or if you are using it for your users connected Zoho account from Pathfix OAuth, then choose Initialize through Connection)
- Add Dynamic values if any and Continue Initialize (use your info in the Dynamic values to Initialize the call to run and save the API call, the Dynamic values will be linked in the main Automation build)
- You will get a response from the provider with the data requested. You can use the entire data or work with the Pagination options to get further data
- Click on the Paging (Optional) tab and check the option This API supports paging
- Depending on the providers configuration, you will receive the option to fetch additional paging data via token or keys
- Check for the paging paramter in the data that is received in the response and choose it dynamically
- Select the Target list as the data that was receved
- Select how you want to make the paging request, this is defined by the provider
- Give it a Name to reference via QueryString and click on Use
Your Paging API is now available for use in your Automation. When this API is selected in your Automation, the automation will run and fetch all the data from the provider
The number pf paging and loops available to you depends on your plan with Pathfix Automation. The details on the plans are available here.
Need specific help? You can always reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.