Editing Existing API
The Automation platform has a few pre-configured APIs that are readily available for you to use. However, there maybe times when you may want to modify the API for your usecase. e.g., add additional fields, or remove fields captured. For such cases where there is a custom need, you can create your own API using the API builder and use the API instead.
Here is how you can import the pre-configured API and edit it to suit your needs.
Begin by creating a new API
- Click on API on the top navigation bar
- Click on New API and then click on the Build
- On the API build screen, click on Import Configuration from Library dropdown on the top left
- Search for the API you wish to modify and click to select
- The configuration for the json will load and autopopulate all the required fields
- Make the desired edits to the json configuration as per your needs
- Click on Initialize through Connection
- Pick the connection to intialize the connection through
- If this is through Pathfix OAuth, select the Pathfix OAuth connection. If this is direct to provider, pick the provider connection
- If there are no connections listed, please click on Connections from the top navigation bar and add a connection before proceeding
- Complete the other required fields for the API and click on Continue Initialize
- On successful response, click on Use to confirm
- Give your API a name and click on Save to save the API
- Your edited API will be saved and can be used in your automation
Just like any other custom API, you can search for the edited API and use it in your automation.
- In your automation, click on the task you wish to add the API call to
- Click on Call API
- Search for the API by name and you should see the API available for use
- Click to add the API to your automation
Need help? Reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.