Pathfix Automation has pre-configured webhook connections to a few providers, this makes it easy for you to be able to connect, start listening for webhook events for each provider and add the integration to your platform.
Make sure you have added the provider integration in your Pathfix OAuth account first before proceeding. Here is the documentation for Pathfix OAuth platform.
Once a webhook has been configured, you can trigger any Pathfix automation built. Alternatively, you can also trigger your own endpoint to perform a function of your choice.
We recommend building your automation first (what you want to do after a webhook data is received) and then move to activate the Webhook.
- Click on Webhooks from the top nav bar
- From the list of providers, select the provider you wish to work with
- In the General tab, enter the Callback URL that the Webhook system should call once the data is received. This could either be:
- the endpoint of a Pathfix Automation (reference image below), or
- your own internal endpoint
- The next fields will define any provider-specific requirements. Each provider has a different webhook requirement and differs from provider to provider. Please make sure you check the notes under each item for details
- Click on Pathfix OAuth tab
- Enter your Pathfix Public Key and Private Key (get this from your Pathfix OAuth platform -> Application - Keys)
- Click on the Webhook URI section and copy the Webhook URI. This is the webhook/Callback URL to enable your webhook with the provider
- Go to the developer portal of the selected provider and enter the Webhook URL under the Webhook/Callback URL section
- Click on Save to save
- Pathfix Automation will validate the webhook and register it for each of your connected user
- Once successfully setup, you will see:
- Status against the activated webhook (Green or Red)
- Total number of users that have subscribed to the webhook
- Option to Deactivate the webhook
- To view details of the users connected, click on the Subscribed Users count
- You will see a list of all connected users
- If there are any failures against a user, click on the refresh icon and the webhook will try to re-register the user automatically
Need help? You can always reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at email@example.com.