Call Provider API Directly
Through your automation account, you can call any API directly without connecting a software account (e.g. Slack, Google etc.) or connecting your Pathfix OAuth account.
This is the path you will take if you are trying to call one of your internal APIs or an API for a provider where you are handling the authentication yourself.
- Click on APIs from the toolbar and click on New API and then click on the Build
- Build your API by adding the Method (POST, GET etc.), add the endpoint URL and make sure you add any Headers required (in most direct API calls, you will need to add some form of authentication. Please refer the relevant provider API guide for more info)
- Add the endpoint and the Body of the call and click on Initialize
- Add all the required Dynamic fields to complete the API call
- Any Header info will need to be entered here before proceeding
- Click on Continue Initialize
- In the Response screen, you would see the response from the call
- Click on Use and make sure you click on Save
Your Custom Direct API is ready for use in your Automation.
Need help? Reach out to our support team for any additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.